Sakthi – Vidiyal has several milestones in its journey down the years. The following are the significant milestones that we mark with pride.
• 1993 – Registration of Sakthi
• 1996 – Vidiyal was born and the first drop in centre was established D.M & R middle school.
• 1997- Child Rights frame work is adapted to Vidiyal’s interventions and Child Participation becomes a cross cutting theme in every sphere of the organization.
• 1998 – First children’s base group – Vaanavil- was founded by working children
• 1999 – Vaanavil became the founding member of National Movement of Working Children (NMWC) – India
• 2000 – Vidiyal Child Rights Movement began its journey with federated children forums and Malarkodi was elected as the first president of the movement.
• 2001- Muhangal (Faces) volunteer forum was founded by children entered college.
• 2003 – Sakthi – Vidiyal was recognized by Government of Tamilnadu to run the Reception Home for the children in need of care and protection under the Juvenile Justice Act 2000.
• 2003 – Presentation of Alternative Report to the United Nations Committee on the Convention on the Rights of the Child